Welcome to the online home of Swiss Park Inc!
The Swiss in Southern California have had an organized presence dating back to 1928. The original Swiss Park clubhouse and banquet hall was located in Duarte. In 1985, the facilities were moved to the current Swiss Park Banquet Center located in Whittier. The construction of the new Swiss Park was made possible with the generous funds provided by 5 societies: Swiss Helvetia, Swiss Ladies Society, Suisse Romande, Swiss Athletic Society, and the Swiss Singing Society “Harmonie”, and private donors.
Swiss Park Inc with its own membership was created to be the managing entity of the Swiss Park Banquet Center. A Board of Directors consisting of members elected from each of the Societies and Swiss Park Inc are responsible for managing and maintaining the facilities and the park grounds. The funding of the operating budget comes from membership dues from Swiss Park Inc members, donations from friends and members of Swiss societies, and from the leasing of the Banquet Hall to an event company.
A Swiss Park Memorial Fund was established to honor those in our Swiss community who have passed away.
Swiss Park continues to be proud of the fact that it is the site of the Swiss Fair celebrating Swiss Independence Day every year, as well as many meetings and events of other Swiss Societies. Swiss Park is sincerely appreciative of the ongoing support of the membership and is greatly indebted to the large number of volunteers, past and present, who have helped to create and maintain this facility as a little piece of Switzerland in Southern California.
We welcome all Swiss to become a member of Swiss Park, Inc and help to support our community now and in the future.